Host: Aaron Rittmaster
Panel: Coy Cypert, Darcy McKillop, David Nicely
This Sunday was the last Sunday of the month, so we came to you LIVE to reach the conclusion of our 2015 DISDads Disney Villains Tourney. The image I’ve posted will spoil the results up to the championship match, so don’t look at it too closely until after you’ve listened. While some may quibble about an individual match here or there, I have to say that overall, I think we came to a reasonable result in our quest to identify the biggest Disney villain.
I did look back at the results of the Villains poll we ran back in 2011. Maleficent was a finalist in that poll, facing off against Captain Hook (who was eliminated in the first round this time around). I do think that we asked the question a bit differently back then. In 2011, we were asking people who was their “favorite” Disney villain. This time around, we were looking for the biggest villain.
We also have a winner for the Nightmare Before Christmas 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray+DVD drawing. Congratulations to James Cameron – your movie will be on its way shortly.
Join host Aaron Rittmaster and panel Coy Cypert, Darcy McKillop, and Justin Connors on DISDads Radio for the conclusion to our tournament this Sunday, October 25, at 7:00 p.m. Central Time (that’s 8 p.m. Eastern, Carl). We’ll need the help of listeners in the chat room to resolve any ties along the final march to the championship.
And speaking of ties, we could use your help to resolve one now. Enter the giveaway below by voting for the villain you believe should win in the currently deadlocked match between Jafar and Melificent. The giveaway ends when the live podcast is scheduled to start, so get your vote in soon!
Cast your vote and comment here – each person who leaves a substantive comment will be entered in a drawing to win a Disney movie prize package from the DISDads prize vault!*
Whose DISDads Dream Theme Park is your favorite?
The Quintessentials (54%, 36 Votes)
Rowdy Rohde's Raucous Rogues (31%, 21 Votes)
Team Bacon (15%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 67
[table id=4 /]
*(One entry per household, duplicate entries will be disregarded. Giveaway open to residents of the continental United States only. If the winner fails to respond to Email notification of winning within 48 hours, the prize will be awarded to an alternative recipient).
Host: Aaron Rittmaster
Panel: Sean McCumber; Ryan Treichler; Justin West
On the evening after the Walt Disney World Princess Half-Marathon, the panel talks about news of the Inaugural Disneyland Paris Half-Marathon weekend, coming September 23-25, 2016. Then the discussion turned to the early planning stages of our own inaugural race. More details will be coming soon, but for now, here’s what we can announce:
1. We’re organizing a virtual 5k – you can run your 3.1 miles wherever it works for you. We’ll provide you with a way to share your route and time when you’ve completed your run. (And the best part of a virtual 5k is that there are no sweepers, so you can run at whatever pace works for you).
2. We’re still working on an official name and medal design for the race. If you have suggestions, we’d love to hear them!
3. We’re also in the process of selecting a charity to support with our entry fees. We discussed a few on the show, but we’re open for other suggestions.
4. We have settled on a time frame. The official start date for our virtual 5k will be Father’s Day, June 21, 2015. You can run your 5k any time between then and the end of July 2015. (There will be at least a few DISDads getting their 5k in on Castaway Cay, as part of the DISDads Dream Cruise).
Watch the blog for a DISDad Couch-to-5k plan article from Ryan Treichler. And please, before taking up a running regimen, discuss it with your doctor.
With a hat tip to Stitch Kingdom for the early heads up, the website for the 2015 version of Disney Parks’ New Year vacation sweepstakes has gone live. This year, the Disney Flip Side Sweepstakes will be giving away 31 Walt Disney World vacations. You can enter the sweepstakes once per day, each day of the month of January, 2015. From each day’s entries, one winner will be selected to receive:
A 5-day/4-night Walt Disney World vacation for up to four guests. Three nights are spent in the hotel of Disney’s choosing. The fourth night is spent in the Cinderella Castle Suite in the Magic Kingdom.
5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® and Water Parks Fun & More Options
A $500 Disney Gift Card
A personalized “Disney Side” Welcome Basket
A Glass Slipper gift, inspired by the new live-action Cinderella movie
If a winner is coming from more than 250 miles away from WDW, the winner also gets airfare and Magical Express ground transportation
So don’t forget – enter the Disney Flip Side Sweepstakes once/day each day during the month of January for your chance to win!
Vote for the park with the best snack options, then tell us why you voted the way you did in the comments below!
Each person who comments by next Monday, July 21, 2014 at Noon Central Time will be entered into a drawing to win a Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy of Pirate Fairy, the latest video in the DisneyFairies collection.
1. Only one entry per person, though you’re free to comment more than once.
2. Winner will be determined by Random.org random number generation
3. Any entrant who attempts to game the system in order to receive multiple entries in any way may, at my sole discretion, be disqualified from participation in the drawing.
4. No purchase necessary to enter, this drawing is open to residents of the United States and Canada (sorry Paul).