Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve posted one of these. It’s been a sort of “lots going on in the background” kind of time lately here at Disdads.com. Here are some of the highlights:
1. A belated thank you for the review of Podcast Episode 22 Chris Wakefield. I have to agree with your assessment – the episode started off a bit slowly, but improved as we got rolling. And nice job panelists Ryan Treichler, Eric Anderson, and Carl Nixon!
2. We’d also like to welcome our first-ever podcast sponsor, Fairytale Journeys Travel Agency, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Disdads.com has had an “unofficial” relationship with FTJ for quite some time now, as there are several DisDads how work with FTJ as independent travel planners. This sponsorship arrangement is going to allow us to introduce some exciting enhancements to Disdads.com in the near future – watch for an announcement about beta-testing of new features soon.
3. Thank you to participating DisDads Don Staten, Mark Harbeson, Mark Pratt, David Juart, Ryan Treichler, David Nicely, Eric Anderson and Carl Nixon!
4. It’s almost a year away, and details are still to come, but we’re getting really excited about the first-ever DisDads Convention, which will be held January 10-14, 2013 (and yes, that is Marathon Weekend as well). We’re already trying to figure out logistics for a live podcast and other events. We promise not to over-schedule it either – there will be plenty of free time built in. So mark your calendar for a solo escape, or bring the whole family along. Our group room rates and discounted tickets can be extended up to three days on either end of the group booking. Contact a Fairytale Journeys by DisDads agent to lock-in your spot at the top of the list as soon as registration opens for the Convention.
5. As the Dis Dads Podcast approaches its first anniversary, we have over 2,100 unique downloaders; the disdads.com website is averaging about 3000 unique pageviews/month; our Facebook group boasts 152 members and the only thing keeping Dis Dads Club threads on the disboards from closing faster is the disboards’ servers. Thank you all who are listening, reading, writing and participating. I’m constantly amazed by this wonderful community – you validate my decision to launch this site and the podcast over and over again.