Sunday was to be our last day in the Magic Kingdom for this trip, and Saturday night, I had a brainstorm. I had been craving Tonga Toast, but this was a budget trip and I didn’t want to pay Kona Cafe prices for breakfast. BUT, Tonga Toast is also available (much less expensively) at Captain Cook’s, the Quick-Serve restaurant at the Poly. So we got up a little extra early on Sunday morning, parked at the TTC, and walked over to the Polynesian for breakfast. Sorry there are no pictures of the Tonga Toast, but I wasn’t patient enough to take pics before digging in.

Then, after our best breakfast of the trip, we hopped the resort monorail to the Magic Kingdom, and arrived just as the rope drop crowd was entering (we juuuuust barely missed the Welcome Show). The plan for the day was to attack the left side of the park. We started with a Splash Mountain dash, but Splash turned out to be not ready to open. Amazingly, as we approached, we saw some jerk giving the CM at the entrance a hard time because the ride wasn’t open. I took a moment after witnessing this to compliment the CM on the way he had politely handled the incredibly obnoxious guest, and let him know that I didn’t think I’d have the patience to be so kind. So instead of riding Splash, we got in line for Big Thunder Mountain. Jon wasn’t sure he liked the ride on Big Thunder, be we got off big Thunder just as Splash was finally opening. We literally walked on through the standby line. We didn’t pause until we were in our log, lowering the lap bar. After Splash, we convinced Jon to try Big Thunder Mountain with us again, and he decided he liked it, now that he knew what to expect from it.

We worked our way back through Adventureland, riding Pirates and Aladdin’s Magic Carpets. Mikaela got her autographs from and picture with Jasmine and Aladdin (Genie wasn’t there this time). Conveniently, we were ready for a snack and were just a few steps away from Aloha Isle. Dole Whip all around! (I got a Dole Whip float). Miriam wanted the fresh pineapple spears, but they didn’t have any. Poor wife, stuck with a Dole Whip.

Having achieved the primary goals for the day already, we let the kids choose what to do next. We headed for their favorite land, Tomorrowland. We began with another stop at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (no screen appearances this time). Then it was on to another round of Space Mountain. We decided on another Columbia Harbor House lunch (really love their new menu items). It had been a hot day, and the kids were still a bit worn out from the MNSSHP/DHS Rope Drop combo, so we headed back to the resort for a break after lunch.

After our break, we decided to head to Downtown Disney for dinner and some shopping. We had a great dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. We hadn’t eaten there before, and it has to be one of the best Quick-Service Dining Plan values. But it wasn’t just a great value, it was great food. We all enjoyed our entrees. I went with the Spaghetti & Meatballs, and it was excellent. The sauce had just the right spicy note (and made me glad for the free self-serve refills at the soft drink station). We will definitely be eating here again. After dinner, we walked around, just taking in the crowd, the atmosphere, and the stores. With our trip nearing it’s end, I had the desk at All-Star Music print out our remaining dining credits before we left, and we had a LOT of snack credits to use up. So we hit Goofy’s Candy Company to pick up treats to bring home and share with family and friends.

Once we were done using up those credits at Goofy’s Candy Company, we were all pretty worn out. We headed back to the resort to get a good night’s sleep, so we would be ready to enjoy our last day at Walt Disney World in Epcot on Monday.

Malcare WordPress Security