1. I can’t believe that I haven’t mentioned this resource in the Friday Five before, but the best source for money-saving Disney tips is MouseSavers. Sign up for their newsletter, and you’ll receive a monthly link to (slightly) discounted Walt Disney World tickets from Undercover Tourist.
2. Speaking of saving money, Walt Disney World discounts are back! Over the last couple of weeks, WDW has opened up a pair of discount deals. The free dining plan program (now including a free PhotoPass photobook) is open for select resorts from travel on most dates from 8/28/11 through 9/24/11. As usual, it’s the Quick-Serve Dining Plan for Value Resorts, and Standard Dining Plan for Moderates and Deluxes. Room discounts are back too. WDW opened up room discounts of 25% – 30% at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts for travel between 5/29/11 and 8/13/11. I’m sure a Fairytale Journeys by DIS Dads travel agent would be happy to help you take advantage of those deals!
3. Thanks to this week’s participating DISDads – Captain Oblivious, prattpak, jason4024, the duck 619, and middlepat.
4. @insidethemagic is reporting on Twitter a confirmed Hollywood Studios Cast Member preview for Star Tours 2 on May 13th and 14th.
5. I just watched Disney’s Hunchback of Notre Dame last night for the first time, with my daughter and a friend of hers. While it’s not one of my favorites by any means (I think the music is over-wrought and trying too hard to sound like Les Mis) , the reactions of two eight-year-old girls who’d never seen it before was interesting (and refreshing). They just couldn’t understand why people were so mean to Quasimodo just because he looked different, or what was wrong with being a gypsy.