Entering is easy – comment on this post, sharing your best tip/advice/experience/memory of traveling to Walt Disney World either as a small child or with a small child. Only one entry per person will be counted (but you’re free to comment as frequently as you wish). The winner will be chosen by random number drawing, generated by random.org, after this poll closes at 11:00 p.m. Central Time on Sunday, January 15, 2012. Thank you to Lisa Battista of Beyond the Attractions for providing the giveaway prize.
Monday Poll: What's your favorite Magic Kingdom attraction for small children?
Host: Aaron Rittmaster (AJRitz)
Panel: Dave Juart (IndyDisney); David Nicely (theduck619); James Goodman (swabikedude)
Special Guest: Lisa Battista, author of Beyond the Attractions
In this episode, the panel focused on traveling to Walt Disney World with the under-5-year-old set, with the help of Lisa Battista, author of the book Beyond the Attractions: A Guide to Walt Disney World with Preschoolers (2012) We discussed making the decision to bring a younger child to Walt Disney World, travel tips along the way, choosing your resort and touring the parks. And in the midst of it all, we get to know DISDad James Goodman a bit better, as he took the hotseat to answer 10 Questions.
Special thanks to our Producer/Engineer Josh Haas, who also created and recorded our intro music. The DIS Dads Podcast is edited and mixed at Pi Productions by A Veil Lifted.
1. With all of the attention on the Fantasyland Expansion, Carsland in Disneyland, and the upcoming float out of the Disney Fantasy, it’s easy to overlook two major upcoming refurb projects at Walt Disney World. First, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in the Magic Kindgdom will be closing down on Monday for an extended rehab, currently projected to run through May 27, 2012. It will be interesting to see what the extended absence of BTMRR does to the traffic patterns in Frontierland. Meanwhile, over in Epcot, Test Track will be closing in April for an estimated 5-6 month conversion to the “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot.”
2. Preliminary planning (VERY preliminary) has begun for the first DISDads Convention. Currently, we’re leaning toward holding it at Walt Disney World for a long weekend in January, 2013 (probably coinciding with Marathon Weekend). Let us know what you’d like to see at a DISDads Convention!
3. Hey DISDads, I haven’t posted a request like this in a while. The beginning of the New Year seems as good a time as any. Please consider writing something for the DISDads.com site. It’s been a while since we’ve seen a Top 5 list, a Trip Report (from someone other than me), a Pop Culture Review, A “Being A DISDad” essay. Any of those (and other that I haven’t even thought of yet) would be welcome. Don’t worry about the tech side, just Email me what you write, and I can post it to the site. I’m also a pretty decent editor, and I’m happy to assist in cleaning up your writing if you’d like some help. Please help the site continue to grow and thrive!
4. Speaking of growing and thriving – DIS Dads Podcast has now been downloaded over 11,200 times by 1,985 unique downloaders. Please consider leaving an iTunes review for the podcast. Podcasts with more reviews are easier to find when people search iTunes for new podcasts.
5. We’ll be releasing a podcast in the next few days, featuring Special Guest Lisa Battista. Lisa is tha author of “Beyond the Attractions: A Guide to Walt Disney World with Preschoolers. I encourage you to check out her website and consider ordering her book (there’s even a discount code on her site).