The question pretty much says it all. Where do you like to eat in Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Do you prefer table service or counter service in DAK? Why?
Panelists: theduck619, Disney Commando, DisDadDoc, carlnix30
Episode 3 features not one, but two separate segments about the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. It opens with a discussion of touring strategies for the MK, and closes with the panelists sharing their Top 3 Magic Kingdom rides. In between, Disney Commando took his turn on the 10 Questions hot seat and DisDadDoc shared a preview of his upcoming Easter week trip to Walt Disney World.
Special thanks this week to prattpak, for handling the initial editing and our Podcast producer Josh Haas. We gave them a more difficult editing job than usual this time, and they still made us sound smarter than we are in real life. Josh also created our intro music. The podcast was edited and mixed at Pi Productions by A Veil Lifted.
1. The Dragyn’s Lair – Disney superfan Dana writes beautifully detailed reviews and has managed to score some great interviews, including one with Disney Vinylmation artist Jim Valeri that has led to a Vinylmation giveaway.
2. WDW News Today Podcast – Tom Corless, Jason Diffendahl, Banks Lee, Jenni Smith, Anthony Yacullo and crew put together a really professional and entertaining enhanced podcast. I linked to the standard version, but there’s also an Enhanced Podcast for those using an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad to experience it. The Enhanced feed has images embedded in the podcast stream. They’re currently in the process of counting down the 40 most significant moments in the history of the Walt Disney World Resort, in celebration of WDW’s 40th anniversary this coming October.
3. Thanks to this week’s contributing Dis Dads: DEA on the website and DisDadDoc, Disney Commando, carlnix30, theduck619 and prattpak on the podcast, as well as podcast producer Josh Haas.
4. I had a long, elaborate story I was going to plug in here, about Disney offering me a bunch of money to hand over control of the website to them. Then I remembered that I hate April Fool’s Day.
5. Right now, we’re recording the Dis Dads Podcast on a biweekly schedule. Would people be interested in us adding a once-per-month live show to the mix (assuming the technical details can be worked out)? Let me know what you think in the comments.
Hey guys! I just wanted to draw your attention to a couple of minor updates to the Disdads.com website. The first is the link along the top of the page to DIS Dads Shirts. Our own Emma’s Dad, Don Staten, has arranged for the printing of DIS Dads Club t-shirts at a substantial discount from what Cafe Press/VistaPrint were charging. Follow the link to see the shirt design and to fill out the order form to order shirts, available in a rainbow of colors.
There’s also a new DISDads Resources link over on the right side of the page, for The Dis Dads Commissary. I’ve set up an Amazon-affiliate store, stocked with Disney products. Anything you order there is actually being ordered from Amazon (and if you’re an Amazon Prime member, you get your same Amazon Prime benefits). The prices are identical to what they would be if you ordered directly through Amazon’s website. But I do get a small kickback from Amazon for referring the purchasers to them. I’m not looking to make a bunch of money from the store, just to help defray the costs of site hosting and development. A portion of any earnings will be donated to the Dis Dads charity of choice, Give Kids The World.
There’s contruction going on all around the Disney Parks right now – a whole new land is being built out at Disney’s California Adventure, Star Tours II is getting ready to come online in both California and Florida, and the largest park expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is underway. So which of these projects are you most excited about? Vote in this weeks poll, and comment to this post, explaining why.