The Friday Five is back again, with a collection of news and notes as we head into the weekend:
1. Cinderella’s Royal Table is getting a two-month long refurbishment in early 2015. It’s currently scheduled to be closed from January 5, 2015 through March 6, 2015 (but as with any construction project, that re-opening date is just a best guess). I think most will agree that it’s about time CRT got a refresh. There’s no word from Walt Disney World about adding a temporary character meal elsewhere (as they did when they put colonial-dress characters in Liberty Tree Tavern while Crystal Palace got its refurb). I expect that the CRT closure will make it MUCH harder to get reservations at Akershus’ Princess Fairytale Dining and, to a somewhat lesser extent, 1900 Park Fare’s Cinderella’s Happily Ever After dinner, as those are the only “princess meal” alternatives. I also expect this to place a greater premium on Princess Fairytale Hall Fastpass+, since that’s one of the few alternatives for meeting multiple princesses at once.
2. Walt Disney World is adding several “Frozen”-themed entertainment opportunities at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as part of “Frozen” Summer Fun – LIVE, running from July 5, 2014 through September 1, 2015. Entertainment will include Olaf on Summer Vacation (which involves something called a Take-Along Olaf and social media-posted photos hashtagged #OlafSummerVacation). We don’t have much detail about this yet, but I’m guessing is sort of a “Flat Olaf” thing, like Flat Stanley; an Anna & Elsa parade (it doesn’t sound like it will include a meet & greet); “Frozen” sing-alongs throughout the day in the Premiere Theater; Soundstage One will become a “Frozen” playground and shop, including “Frozen”-themed snacks as well; a “Frozen” dance party at 5:30 p.m. each evening; and “Frozen”-themed fireworks at 9:45 p.m. each night, after Fantasmic! (Note that the evening events will not take place on August 23, when the park closes at 7:00 p.m. for the hard-ticket Villains Unleashed event).
3. Thanks to DISDads contributors Bob Chavez, Al Jardines, Ryan Treichler, Todd Breaux, Scott Henney, Justin West, Tony McDaniel and Andy Fix – it’s the participation of the community that makes this place special!
4. There’s still time to join us for the DISDads Dream Cruise. We’re sailing on the Disney Dream out of Port Canaveral, Florida from June 22-26, 2015. We’ve got a great group of DISDads families already booked, and would love to have more. Our travel partners at Fairytale Journeys would be happy to put together a no-obligation quote for you – book today and you’ll have over 9 months to finish paying for your vacation!
5. The final round of DISDads Podcast’s Bunk Madness Walt Disney World Resort hotel tournament will be LIVE this Sunday on DISDads Radio, starting at 8:00 p.m. We hope you’ll join us – there’s a chat room at DISDads Radio for live chatting and opportunities to call-in and talk with us on the show.