1. We have a Cars Land Trivia Contest winner! Congrats to Kevin Crossman. The question that tripped people up was the year on the entrance plaque. Lots of people gave answers of dates on plaques in other locations. But the year on the new entrance plaque is 1923 – the year that Walt arrived in California. Kevin – watch for an Email from James Goodman to get your mailing address so he can send you the prize package!
2. July 13-15 is Global Ice Cream for Breakfast Weekend, a fundraising event for Give Kids the World, a favorite DISDads charity project. Let’s join in and serve ice cream for breakfast in our homes, and make a donation to support Give Kids the World. We’ve added a link to the DISDads Club Firstgiving page, which collects donations to forward to Give Kids the World, in the right-hand column of the blog. We’ll set up a message board thread and a Facebook group post for an Ice Cream for Breakfast Photoblitz all weekend.
3. Thanks to participating DISDads Nathan Trent, Mark Pratt, David Juart, Brady Aymond, Paul Hajjar, Jason Knox, Dave Compton, Matthew Wrenn, Chris Carroll and James Goodman.
4. Plans for the DISDads Convention are moving right along. We have nearly 30 people signed up for a kick-off dinner at Wilderness Canyon Cafe on January 10, 2013. If you’re interested in joining us, you can RSVP to the Event in the DISDads Facebook Group or let us know in the comments here.
5. I’m really happy with the way the My Walt Disney World tournament podcasts are going. Feedback from listeners has been great, and they’ve generated some lively discussions here, in the Facebook group, and on the discussion boards. We’ve got a little over a month’s worth of those podcasts left to record and release, but then it will be time to move on to some new topics. What would you like to hear the DISDads Podcast panel talk about?