1. Check out this great music video, made by the Wolf Family during their June, 2011 trip to Walt Disney World! (And chock-full of DisDad-ish references) (If embedding is still disabled, you can follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXqGRdbQkNI).
2. Episodes of the Dis Dads Podcast has been downloaded by 1,456 unique downloaders. Please help us get to 1,500. If you haven’t listened yet, give the podcast a listen. You don’t have to use iTunes. You can listen right here on the website. And if you like what you hear, please leave us a review on iTunes. Reviews on iTunes make it easier for people to find us when they’re searching.
3. Thanks to this week’s participating Dis Dads, Steve Bratton (brattosa), Jason Gilbert (jason4024), Matt Birchfield (10dedfish), Mark Pratt (prattpak), and Matthew Wren (ftgriot) on the podcast; Cinderella’s Fella for the Wordless Wednesday picture; and Paul Hajjar (RodBelding) and Nathan Trent (trennr) for Top 5 Tuesday.
4. The Disney Food Blog reports that new items have been added to the Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe menus. Columbia Harbor House gets Baked Salmon with Couscous, Lobster Roll, Broccoli Peppercorn Salad, and Steamed Fresh Broccoli. And Cosmic Ray’s adds 1/3 lb. Angus Burger, Beef Salad, Vegetable Sandwich, Turkey Sandwich, Deluxe Chili Cheese Dog, and Gelato. These are really nice additions to Quick Service menus, especially leading into free dining promotion periods. Hopefully, this is a precursor to revamps of more Disney World Quick Service menus (Hollywood Studios next please).
5. More good news – TouringPlans.com reported on Wednesday that Walt Disney World has released revised schedules for Fantasmic! First, the scheduled refurbishment period was shortened to January 9 – February 12, 2012. But even better, the every-night Fantasmic! experiment is continuing (at least through March). There are still a few Fantasmic-less nights (listed in the linked TourinPlans.com post), but they are now the exception, rather than the rule.