1. So far, the most exciting news coming out of the D23 Expo seems to be the preview of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride, being developed for the Fantasyland Expansion. The sample ride vehicle Imagineering is showing off should put to rest the rumors from a few weeks ago that the “swinging cars” design was in danger of being canceled. Here’s a video, courtesy of Attractions Magazine:
2. Want to keep up with all of the goings-on at the D23 Expo from afar? Follow @FromTheExpo, a Twitter list being maintained by Tom Bricker of Disney Tourist Blog, Henry Work of TouringPlans.com and Betamouse, and Dave from Moustalgia Podcast. (And there went your productivity for the rest of the day, and probably through the weekend).
3. Thanks to this week’s participating DisDads – Paul Hajjar (RodBelding) and Andy Fix (afwdwfan) for the Top 5 Tuesday list; Randall (Cinderella’s Fella) for the Wordless Wednesday pic from Disneyland Paris; and Mark Harbeson (Captain_Oblivious) for the post about being bitten by the Disney bug!
4. Just a personal observation, after pricing out and quoting a lot of trips covering a variety of dates over the last couple of weeks. It seems to me that Walt Disney World is beginnning to drift away from the clearly stratified Value / Moderate / Deluxe / Deluxe Villa resort categorizations. I’m seeing more of a continuous curve, rather than sharply-defined steps. I’ll be writing a more detailed post about this impression over the weekend, but I’d love to hear whether others are noticing this as well. Could this be a precursor to more travel offers that target specific resorts, rather than resort categories?
5. I’m catching up on unlistened podcasts, and just this morning finally got to listen to WDWNT Podcast Episode 204 (released in combination with Episode 205 and dated August 9, 2011). Scott Smith does a great, very detailed, trip report of his Walt Disney World Honeymoon (not that detailed, get your minds out of the gutter)!. It’s well worth a listen – it offers some great ideas for Dads looking into an adults-only romantic getaway or second honeymoon trip.