1. I’ve mentioned these folks before, but with the release of Free Dining promotions at Walt Disney World and the Epcot Food & Wine Festival just around the corner these sites bear repeating – when you’re looking to book those Free Dining ADRs or even get tips for Counter-Service meals, check out @DisneyFoodBlog at the disney food blog for the best news and reviews of all things Disney Food-related. And when you’re just trying to figure out what’s on the menu at various WDW restaurants, AllEars is continually updating their database of Disney restaurant menus.
2. What do you think of our new feature, Top 5 Tuesdays? Thanks go to Dis Dad Paul Hajjar for the concept and the first Top 5 Tuesday post. What topics would you like to see covered by a Top 5 list?
3. Thanks this week also go to participating Dis Dads: Jason Gilbert for the Wordless Wednesday photo; and Mark Pratt, for his behind-the-scenes organization work on the podcast.
4. This is the last call for logo contest entries. If you’re interested in submitting a logo, please review the Logo Contest guidelines. The designer of the logo that we select will receive a one-year Premium Subscription to TouringPlans.com. By this time next week, we hope to be posting the top candidates for public input and a vote.
5. The big D23 Expo at Disneyland is now less than two weeks away. It has been widely speculated that the Walt Disney Company will use D23 as a platform to make major theme park announcements (for example, the Fantasyland Expansion project was first announced at the 2009 D23 Expo). Will there be a major Parks announcement at this year’s D23 event? If so, what do you think it will be? I’m hoping (though not really expecting) that they announce a long-term plan to finally build the Beastly Kingdom Realm at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. (As an aside, am I the only one who thinks it’s nonsensical that DAK’s superheadliner attraction centers on a mythical creature, but that the Beastly Kingdom remains unbuilt and it’s space mostly occupied by a character meet and greet)?